A.L.S. Security Solutions Brings You A Critical Story, Just Off the Press: On Jan. 28, 2016, a family began to feel extremely ill in their condominium home. They all began to have headaches, dizziness, a strange overwhelming weakness, and upset stomachs. It was not the flu.
Quick Thinkers Defeat Killer Gas in Orlando Condo!
They drove to a local hospital where they were diagnosed as victims of the silent killer, carbon monoxide. They were lucky to be alive. Firefighters went to the Orlando condominium complex only to discover two more sick people who were transported to the hospital. However, they could not find a gas line leak.
After an extensive search, they found that a construction crew had left a generator turned on in an unoccupied condo that was being remodeled. It was releasing deadly carbon monoxidefumes.
That was all it took for levels of the deadly gas to multiply “to between 300 and 400 parts per million – more than four times the level where most people start experiencing poisoning symptoms.”
The residents were evacuated from their homes for 12 hours. They recovered and survived — this time. For more symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, check out our previous article on the topic. You might be glad you did.
Without carbon monoxide detectors, this killer gas is odorless, colorless, and kills 400 people per year. Detection is your only protection! A.L.S. Security Solutions is dedicated to keeping you and your family safe from this threat with a simple, inexpensive addition to your security alarm system: carbon monoxide detectors powered by alarm.com. They will detect carbon monoxide from any source.
A.L.S. Security Solutions: CO Protection For Orlando In Three Steps
Your protection installed by A.L.S. Security Solutions helps you and your family defeat the invisible CO killer three ways!
1. Alert! Be assured, your home’s alarm will sound and a Smartphone alert will alarm you to the carbon monoxide danger.
2. Quick Response! “A security professional will assess the situation immediately and dispatch emergency services if needed. Whether you’re home or away, help will be at hand.”
3. Emergency Measure! With your alarm.com system, “In a fire or CO event, your Alarm.com Smart Thermostat shuts down immediately, preventing smoke or gases spreading through your HVAC system. Your smart lighting also turns on to show you the way outside.”
What Orlando, Kissimee and Celebration Needs To Know about Carbon Monoxide:
As we stated earlier, Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a deadly, colorless, odorless, poisonous gas. It is produced by the incomplete burning of various fuels, including coal, wood, charcoal, oil, kerosene, propane, and natural gas.
Beware! Products and equipment powered by internal combustion engines such as portable generators, cars, lawn mowers, and power washers also produce CO.
Make 2016 the year you help A.L.S. Security Solutions protect you with a simple phone call to obtain our professional installation of your CO alarm.
Steps To Take After Your System Warns You Of Carbon Monoxide
We checked the Consumer Product Safety Commission to validate how you should proceed after your system informs you of the presence of carbon monoxide.
1. Pay Attention: In the first place, A.L.S. Security Solutions warns you to never ignore a CO alarm! Remember, CO is deadly.
2. Step Away from the Danger: Immediately go outside and breathe fresh air deeply.
3. Do Not Explore: If the carbon monoxide alarm notifies you, do not waste time trying to discover the source of the CO. This is a job for professionals. Instead of searching, follow rule number 2, above.
4. Make a Call: If you do not have a system, but only an alarm, you will have to call your emergency services, fire department, or 911.
5. Do A Head Count: Make sure all of your family have gotten out of your home and resist the temptation to go back into the home until emergency services gives you express permission.
6. Avoid the Appliance: If the source of the CO is a malfunctioning appliance, please do not turn on that appliance until it has been properly serviced by trained personnel.
Thank you for reading our A.L.S. Security Solutions blog and remember, we are making Orlando safer for families, one home at a time!