Predictions are that the number of connected devices worldwide will reach 20.4 billion by 2020, improving comfort, convenience, and home security. Today we’re providing an overview of four top trends that are expected to impact home automation in Winter Haven over the next few years.
1. Voice-First Devices: Over 70% of smart home device users have expressed interest in using a voice-first interface to manage their home automation in Winter Haven. Virtual assistants, such as the Google Home and Amazon Echo provide greater convenience, hands-free control, and more intuitive user experience.
Voice control is often used to manage and monitor connected devices, such as entertainment systems, smart lights, and smart appliances.
2. Smart Appliances: Rapid acceptance of new technology and a governmental push toward energy efficiency has driven the use of smart appliances. Estimates show that over 170 smart home appliances will be sold globally in 2020, thereby providing convenient and more energy-efficient home automation in Winter Haven.
There has been a surge in the use of the following appliances.
• Coffee makers: Sync coffee makers with a Wi-Fi-enabled alarm clock to begin brewing as soon as the alarm sounds.
• Ovens: Monitor the cooking process from any web-enabled device with built-in oven cameras.
• Refrigerators: View images from internal fridge cameras to determine what items need to be restocked, or access digital media on its touchscreen display.
• Washing machines: Start or stop cycles remotely or receive alerts when a cycle has ended.
3. Household Robots: Estimates show that one in ten American households will have a housekeeping robot by 2020. They are designed to keep tabs on your home and increase convenience with a household robot. Homeowners can also program cleaning robots to assist in completing daily tasks such as vacuuming floors or mopping floors. These housekeeping robots are versatile and may be used to clean specific types of flooring, such as wood, tile or carpet.
4. Wearable Technology: A growing number of homeowners are using wearable technology to enhance home security and convenience. Over 240 million wearable device units will be sold in 2019 that will allow homeowners to remotely monitor and manage their smart devices using their security provider’s mobile app. Wearable technology can be used to arm or disarm your security system or gain instant access to the following smart devices:
• Door locks: Remotely lock or unlock doors.
• Garage doors: Receive alerts when the garage is left open or any time the door is accessed.
• Lights: Schedule lights to turn on or off to conserve energy or make it appear as though someone is home while you are away.
• Surveillance cameras: View footage from any security camera in real-time.
• Thermostats: Adjust the room temperature from any location.
When installed correctly, these automated devices can help homeowners stay connected to their homes at all times. You can leverage advancements in home automation in Winter Haven to enhance home security, comfort, and convenience.
How could you benefit from the emerging trends in home automation? We’re here to help! Contact us today to discuss your needs with one of our experts.