Home automation in Lake Nona can mean serious energy savings when items like lighting and temperature control, electronics, appliances and more can be controlled remotely or scheduled to perform at energy efficient times.
Here are some of the top ways that smarthome owners are benefiting from the energy savings of their home automation in Lake Nona.
Automated Lighting and Temperature Control: Lighting is indispensable to our everyday living, not only for our comfort, relaxation, and enjoyment but also for our productivity. However, it is an area which is continually being developed and enhanced by cutting-edge companies that are consistently investing in innovation to enable us to include sophisticated, energy-efficient and environmentally-sensitive options in our homes and workplaces.
Dimmers: One of the easiest and most effective ways to save energy is to install dimmers. An electronic dimmer component turns the light on and off very rapidly. When the light is off, no energy is being used. The longer the component is off, the more the lights are dimmed, the lower the light output and the greater the energy savings.
Occupancy Sensors: Wireless occupancy sensors can be used to great effect to detect and react when a room is empty and unused, turning lights off when spaces are vacant. They can also automatically dim lights when enough daylight is present or activate automated window shades so that the right amount of light is always present.
Different lights – different inefficiencies: Also relevant to energy consumption is that certain types of the light source are more efficient than others. For instance, LED lighting which offers a longer With traditional incandescent light bulbs operating at 20% energy efficiency only, 80% of the electricity is lost as heat. The long operational lifetime of LED acts as a duplicator and helps achieve even more energy efficiency, so you can make significant energy savings.
5 Energy Saving Methods to Incorporate into Your Home Automation in Lake Nona
• Scene setting with lighting control will enable you to create the desired atmosphere for working, relaxing or entertaining at the touch of one button.
• Remote Access Control, so you can turn off all your lights off from your mobile phone or tablet.
• Automated blinds can help you manage the temperature in the house – keep heat in the winter and keep the space cool in the summer.
• Programmable heat thermostats can help you manage the temperature more effectively in your home or workplace, whether you are there or away.
• Automatically turn on appliances like dishwashers at the most energy efficient times using a home control solution like RTI or Control 4.
These are just a few ways to get better performance from your home automation system. For more information on installing and maintaining home automation in Lake Nona, call our office today to schedule a consultation.