The average home has a lot of water leak danger zones. If you’re going to invest in a system for water leak detection in Harmony, it makes good sense to prioritize where you’re going to place them ahead of time. Below, we cover six areas that can benefit the most from some smart water leak protection.
- Bathrooms: Let’s face it…a lot can go wrong in a bathroom. Clogged toilets, cracked pipes, overflowing bathtubs – with so much plumbing located in one area, the bathroom is a prime location for monitoring for water leaks. You can put the leak sensor in a corner, behind the toilet, underneath the sink, or all of the above!
- Kitchen Sink: Similar to the bathroom, your kitchen sink is at prime risk for water leaks. Place a leak sensor in the cabinet under the kitchen sink, and if the pipe underneath the sink begins to leak, you’ll be aware of it immediately via a text message or alarm siren.
- Hot Water Heaters: Especially with older water tanks, a leak can start at any time. It’s important to nip those leaks in the bud before your home is flooded with water. We recommend placing a water leak sensor at the base of the hot water heater and then also investing in a system for water leak detection in Harmony that automatically shuts off your water main before you find your property ankle deep in water.
- Under the Fridge: If your refrigerator has an ice maker, you should be wary of slow leaks! If not installed properly – or if your refrigerator is an older model – it can slowly drip water at the back of the unit. This amount of water won’t be enough for you to notice it gushing out onto the floor, so months can go by as the leak grows mold and damages the floor. Avoid all of that with water leak detection in Harmony by tucking a water leak sensor underneath or behind the refrigerator.
- HVAC System Pan: Got a leaky HVAC system? It can be hard to remember to empty the drain pan, so give yourself back up with leak sensors. Simply place the sensor next to the pan, and as soon as the first drip comes out of the full pan, you’ll receive a notification.
- Under the Washing Machine: Similar to water heaters, older washing machines can break down at any time. And if the washing machine’s hose springs a leak, your laundry area could be flooded in mere minutes! This is another instance in which a smart water leak prevention system is more than just a good idea – it’s the sensible choice if you want to avoid thousands in water damage.
If you’re looking for water leak detection in Harmony that is capable of going to all of these places and more, we have you covered. Don’t leave your home unprotected from water damage – check out our leak damage prevention system, then give us a call today to schedule a consultation for your home.